Important Tips When Working From Home
- Location-Where you work matters!
- Schedule-Lines can be blurred between personal and professional.
- Daily Routine-Get dressed, do your routine.
- Meal Prep-Come up with go-to lunches.
- Take regular breaks-get some fresh air
There are several websites that are great for working remotely.
We compiled a list of websites to help you get started!
Attend Meetings From Anywhere-Host Meetings, Share Your Screen and Collaborate.
Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars
Video Conferencing, Screen Sharing, Video Calls
Video Conferencing Solutions: Meeting and Calling
Remote Access and Support Solutions
Online Corkboard! Get Organized
Google’s IM Service
Creates Communication Channels, Bring all your apps together in one place
More Tips if You Have Children at Home
- Explain your job: Employer trusts you to work from home but, you still have to do a good job and finish things on time because others depend on you.
- Prepare: Create a boredom box (movies, art supplies, or chore list :))
- Create a system: red light (don't enter)/ green light (enter) door hanger
- Compromise: "Let me finish and we'll bake cookies at 3:00"
- Ask for help: If your family or friends offer to help, jump at the chance