Feed Your Mind - Networking and Building Relationships
Networking and Building relationships:
Have you heard the term "networking" but you don't know what it means or why it's important to your professional career? Join us at our February Feed Your Mind event where we learn from a panel of expert networkers. They'll share their wins and their mistakes and give you an opportunity to ask those burning questions you have about networking.
- I'm new to networking and don't know how to get in a conversation, what's your advice?
- How do I get out of a conversation if it's going nowhere?
- How do I measure my ROI for the time I spent networking?
- How long do I have to network until I start seeing business from it?
- How do I remember people's names?
- Do I have to do the awkward "small talk" thing first?
- Everyone always talks about networking but I'm not really sure I even know what it is? Can you define it?
- How have you been successful with networking?
- Has it always been easy for you to go to a networking event?
- I go to a couple events but don't get anything out of it, what am I missing?
- What are some good conversation starters?
- What is your follow up procedure after an event?
Our panel experts Danny Beyer, Jacob Repp and Karla Walsh will be there answering your questions.
Danny Beyer is a keynote speaker on networking and building relationships. He has been a contributor to the Business Record and DSM Magazine. In 2013 he was chosen as the Amy Jennings Young Professional of the Year through the Greater Des Moines Partnership?s Young Professionals Connection and was selected to the 2014 Business Record 40 Under 40 group.
Karla Walsh is a freelance writer, SEO and social media consultant, CycleBar indoor cycling instructor, restaurant brand manager, and level one sommelier who balances her love of food and drink with her passion for fitness. (Or tries to, at least!) She focuses on food, fitness, psychology, relationship and travel topics and her writing has been published in Runner?s World, Better Homes & Gardens and Fitness magazines. You can also find her work on Shape.com, EatThis.com, WomensHealthMag.com, CookingLight.com, EatingWell.com, LIVESTRONG.com, BHG.com, Uber Eats and more.
Jacob Repp is a champion for Des Moines, and he is passionate about uplifting our great city along with empowering others to collaborate and differentiate themselves. He speaks to groups about growing your professional network, differentiating yourself in a highly saturated market, and how to use LinkedIn to grow your brand and your business. He sits on the Young Variety board planning their young professionals' fundraising events. He believes that growing your personal and professional network is one of the most important tasks that we have to do and that together we can change the world.